The Premier League is back in action this week with a new set of games as Fulham square up against Jurgen Klopp’s Liverpool team in a crucial match on Wednesday at Anfield.
Preview for Liverpool vs. Fulham
After a sluggish start to the season, Liverpool is now in fifth place in the Premier League standings. The Merseyside team will try to elevate their game in this match after thrillingly defeating Tottenham Hotspur 4-3 over the weekend.
In contrast, Fulham is now in 10th place in the league standings and has struggled thus far this year. The Cottagers lost to Manchester City by a score of 2-1 in their previous match, and they will need to win this week.
Key stats for Liverpool vs. Fulham’s head-to-head matchup
- In the 72 games that have been played between the two teams in the past, Liverpool has a strong record against Fulham, winning 41 of them compared to Fulham’s 13 victories.
- In the Premier League, Liverpool has gone winless in three straight meetings against Fulham, the longest such streak against the Cottagers since 1967.
- In their last five trips to Anfield, Fulham has only managed to win twice in their last 29 away Premier League games against Liverpool.
- Fulham has won their previous three such games against the Merseyside giants after a stretch of only one victory in 55 league away games against Everton and Liverpool.
- In their last 16 Premier League games played on a weekday, Liverpool has won 14 of them, including seven straight victories at Anfield.
Fulham vs. Liverpool Prediction
Going into this game, Liverpool is in fantastic attacking shape after their recent success. Defensively, the Merseysiders did have some problems against Tottenham Hotspur, and they will need to improve before this encounter.
Last week, Fulham challenged Manchester City, and they will need to do the same this time around if they want to win. However, Liverpool appears to be the superior team and should be able to prevail in this match.
I’m going with Liverpool 3, Fulham 1.