The Premier League resumes play this week with a new slate of games, beginning on Wednesday when West Ham United squares off against Pep Guardiola’s Manchester City squad at the Etihad Stadium.
West Ham United vs. Manchester City: A Preview
In the Premier League rankings, West Ham United is currently in 15th place and has not played well this year. Following a humiliating 4-3 loss to Crystal Palace in their previous match, the Hammers will need to put in a lot of effort to recover this week.
On the other side, Manchester City is currently in first place in the league and has been performing well lately. The home team will be optimistic going into this game after defeating Fulham 2-1 over the weekend.
West Ham United vs. Manchester City Key Numbers and Head-to-Head
- In the 118 games played between the two teams, Manchester City has a strong record against West Ham United, winning 61 games to 38 for the Hammers.
- In 14 Premier League contests versus West Ham United, Manchester City is undefeated; their lone loss came by a score of 2-1 in 2015.
- In 16 Premier League away games against Manchester City, West Ham United has only collected four points and has let up at least once in each contest.
- The last time Manchester City failed to score at home in the Premier League was against Crystal Palace in 2021. Since then, they have scored in all 30 of their home games.
- Although Manchester City has won 10 of their last 11 Premier League games, they have only managed to keep a clean sheet in two of those games.
West Ham United vs. Manchester City Prediction
Manchester City is still the favorite to win the Premier League since they have a strong team at their disposal. Erling Haaland has had a historically successful season so far, and he will try to increase his goal total in this game.
While West Ham United can be formidable on occasion, they have a dismal track record when playing at the Etihad Stadium. On paper, Manchester City appears to be the superior team and ought to prevail in this match.
Prediction: West Ham United 3–1 Manchester City