This week sees the resumption of the UEFA Champions League, with an important meeting between Napoli and Stefano Pioli’s AC Milan squad taking place at the San Siro on Wednesday.
Napoli vs. AC Milan: A Preview
Napoli has been in outstanding form this year and is presently leading the Serie A standings. The Neapolitan team defeated Lecce 2-1 over the weekend and will be optimistic going into this match. On the other side, AC Milan has not been at their best this season and currently sits in fourth place in the league rankings. Empoli held the Rossoneri to a scoreless draw in their previous match, but they will need to step it up this week.
Napoli and AC Milan Key Numbers and Head-to-Head
- In the last 32 games played between the two teams, Napoli has a strong recent record against AC Milan, winning 13 of them compared to AC Milan’s eight victories.
- In nine European games against other Italian teams, AC Milan has only suffered one loss, while Napoli has come away with one win and one loss.
- In their last nine home games against Napoli in all competitions, AC Milan has only triumphed once, and that came in the quarterfinals of the 2018–19 Coppa Italia.
- In all competitions, Napoli has won each of their last three road games against AC Milan, which is their greatest streak against the Rossoneri.
- For the first time since the 2011–12 campaign, AC Milan has advanced to the quarterfinals of the UEFA Champions League. On that previous occasion, they lost to Pep Guardiola’s Barcelona.
Napoli vs. AC Milan Prediction
Napoli has been in outstanding form this year and is determined to establish itself in Europe. For the Neapolitans, Khvicha Kvaratskhelia has found his footing and will try to cause chaos in the last third.
Although AC Milan has displayed moments of brilliance this year, they still need to improve their consistency. Napoli is now the superior team and has a little advantage going into this match.
Consensus: AC Milan 1-2 Napoli