Tuesday’s English Premier League match between Wolverhampton Wanderers and Crystal Palace is scheduled to take place at the Molineux Stadium. Wolverhampton Wanderers enter this match after suffering a league defeat to Dean Smith’s Leicester City by a score of 2-1. Leicester City won thanks to goals from Belgian fullback Timothy Castagne and Nigerian forward Kelechi Iheanacho. Wolverhampton Wanderers forward Matheus Cunha from Brazil scored the goal. On the other side, Crystal Palace and Sean Dyche’s Everton drew a league match at 0-0. Right-back Mason Holgate of Everton was dismissed in the second period.
Crystal Palace at Wolverhampton Wanderers Key Numbers and Head-to-Head
- Crystal Palace and Manchester City have faced off 15 times, with Crystal Palace winning eight games, losing five, and drawing two.
- Daniel Podence, a Portuguese winger for Wolverhampton Wanderers, has six goals in 19 league starts.
- Eberechi Eze, a Crystal Palace attacker, has contributed to 10 goals in 24 league starts so far this year.
- Odsonne Edouard, a French striker, has started 18 league games for Crystal Palace thus far and has contributed to six goals.
- Michael Olise, a forward for Crystal Palace, has 25 league starts this year and has contributed to 10 goals.
Crystal Palace at Wolverhampton Wanderers Prediction
Currently, Wolverhampton Wanderers are in 14th place in the league, six points behind Everton in 18th. Given their better performances under Julen Lopetegui, it is difficult to imagine the Wolves getting demoted. But because they remain a streaky team, adding depth to the roster and developing an offense must be the top priority this summer. Although Diego Costa is currently a stand-in, Lopetegui must make sure that his team’s forward line is set if he wants to prevent a repeat of this season.
Wolverhampton Wanderers are three points clear of Crystal Palace in the league standings, who are now in 12th place. After Patrick Vieira was fired, Roy Hodgson was unexpectedly named manager. Hodgson has done a good job thus far, and many are now debating whether Vieira should have been fired.
Clearly, the team needs to get better, and Hodgson staying at the club for the upcoming season would draw criticism. The club appears to have found its footing, and it is very possible that it will play another season at the top of the English football pyramid.
Here, Crystal Palace is favored to prevail.
Wolverhampton Wanderers will lose at Crystal Palace, predicted.