The Premier League is back in action this week with a new slate of games, beginning on Tuesday at Villa Park when Fulham takes on Unai Emery’s excellent Aston Villa team.
Fulham vs. Aston Villa: A Preview
Inconsistent so far this season, Fulham is currently in ninth place in the Premier League standings. In their previous match, the Cottagers defeated Leeds United 2-1, and they’ll try for a repeat performance this week.
On the other hand, Aston Villa, who had a sluggish start to the season, is currently in sixth position in the league table. The home team will need to step it up in this match after playing to a 1-1 draw with Brentford over the weekend.
Key stats on the head-to-head between Aston Villa and Fulham
- Aston Villa has won 25 of the 73 games played between the two teams, while Fulham has won 26 of them, giving Fulham a tiny historical advantage.
- In their last 18 home league games against Fulham, Aston Villa has only suffered one loss, and they have won the last three of these encounters.
- For the first time since the 2013–14 season, Fulham will attempt to sweep Aston Villa in the Premier League. Fulham defeated Aston Villa 3-0 in the rematch.
- The last time Aston Villa won a midweek home Premier League match was in 2020 against Arsenal, a 1-0 triumph. Since then, they have gone winless.
- One of only two teams in the Premier League this season to enjoy a flawless Tuesday record is Fulham, which has triumphed in each of its four games played during the week.
Fulham vs. Aston Villa Prediction
Under Unai Emery, Aston Villa has excelled and has been especially dangerous in the last third. Ollie Watkins, who has flourished under the new administration, will attempt to increase his goal total this week.
Although Fulham has struggled since the new year, they have produced a few successful results this month. However, Aston Villa is now the superior team and should be able to prevail in this contest.
It looks like Aston Villa will defeat Fulham 2-1.