This week sees the resumption of Ligue 1, with Christophe Galtier’s star-studded PSG squaring off against a struggling Angers team in a crucial match at the Stade Raymond Kopa on Friday.
PSG vs. Angers Preview
Angers is now at the bottom of Ligue 1 and has had a difficult time so far this season adjusting to the demands of the French top division. The host team will need to put in a lot of effort to win this game after suffering a devastating 2-1 loss to Clermont Foot the previous week.
PSG, on the other hand, is currently leading the league standings but has not played to their highest level of productivity this season. The Parisian giants overcame Lens in their previous game by a commendable score of 3-1, and this week they hope to repeat that success.
PSG versus Angers Key Numbers and Head-to-Head
- With 18 victories from the past 20 games played between the two sides, PSG has a strong recent record against Angers, with the other two games ending in draws.
- The longest winning streak PSG has ever had against a single opponent is 28 games in all competitions against Angers.
- Angers has lost all 13 of their Ligue 1 encounters against PSG and let up a total of 39 goals in those contests.
- If Brest, Nantes, and Auxerre triumph, Angers might be demoted to Ligue 2 if they defeat PSG in this matchup.
- PSG has won 17 of its previous 18 Ligue 1 games against opponents that start the gameday at the bottom of the standings, with Dijon in 2019 serving as the lone exception.
PSG vs. Angers Prediction
PSG has a fantastic team at their disposal, but they haven’t lived up to their potential thus far this year. In his last two games, Lionel Messi made a difference for his team. He will want to increase his goal total in this game.
Due to their terrible performance this year, Angers will need a miracle to win this week. PSG should be able to win this game because they are the superior team on paper.
Prediction: PSG 0-4 Angers