The UEFA Europa League is back in action this week with a series of quarterfinal matches, including a crucial matchup between Sevilla and Erik ten Hag’s Manchester United team on Thursday at Old Trafford.
Sevilla vs. Manchester United: A Preview
In the La Liga rankings, Sevilla is currently in 13th place and has not played well this year. The Andalusian team had to step it up in this match after playing in a 2-2 tie with Celta Vigo over the weekend.
Manchester United, on the other hand, is now in fourth position in the Premier League standings and has played quite well this year. The Red Devils will want to produce a similar outcome this week after easily defeating Everton by a 2-0 score in their last game.
United States vs. Sevilla Key Numbers and Head-to-Head
- In European competitions, Sevilla has a strong record against Manchester United and has won two of the three games played between the two teams, with the third game ending in a tie.
- The last time Sevilla lost to an English team in a European competition’s knockout round, was to Leicester City in the 2016–17 UEFA Champions League. Since then, Sevilla has won eight of those games.
- After Leeds United in 2000–01, Manchester United is the second team to play four teams from the same nation in a single season in European competitions.
- Sevilla hasn’t won in their previous 11 road games in Europe, and they’ve dropped their last three, which is their worst record since 2016.
- For Manchester United, Bruno Fernandes has recorded 13 goals and 14 assists in European tournaments.
Prediction for Manchester United vs. Sevilla
This season, Manchester United has been in excellent shape and has undergone a noticeable development under Erik Ten Hag. This week, Marcus Rashford, who has been in outstanding form this year, will want to increase his goal total.
Sevilla has had a difficult time making an impression this week and will need to play at their highest level in this match. Manchester United should be able to win this game because they have been the superior team this season.
Manchester United will likely defeat Sevilla, 3-1.