The Premier League is back in action this week with a new set of games, starting on Monday at the King Power Stadium when Sean Dyche’s Everton team plays Leicester City.
Everton vs Leicester City: A Preview
Everton has had a difficult start to the season and is now ranked 19th in the Premier League standings. The Toffees’ previous match ended in a 4-1 loss to Newcastle United, and they will need to win this weekend. On the other side, Leicester City has had a terrible season and is currently in 18th position in the league table. The home team will need to step it up in this match after last week’s 1-1 draw with Leeds United.
Everton vs. Leicester City Key Numbers and Head-to-Head
- Everton and Leicester City have played 118 matches, with 45 victories for Everton and 39 for Leicester City. Everton has a strong record versus Leicester City.
- For just the second time in club history, Leicester City will try to sweep Everton in the Premier League after winning the rematch 2-0.
- Everton has never won three straight Premier League games against Leicester City, but they have won their last two away games against them.
- Leicester City and Everton have split the spoils in only two of their previous 15 Premier League matches after 13 of their first 18 encounters were in draws.
- Everton has failed to score in four of their last five away Premier League games on Mondays, losing all five of these games.
Prediction for Leicester City vs. Everton
Leicester City has had a difficult year and is currently in the relegation zone. The Foxes will need to be at their best this weekend since they play what is perhaps their most significant game of the year this Sunday.
Everton is in desperate need of a comeback after being completely outplayed by Newcastle United the previous week. Both sides are now on equal footing, and this match may end in a draw.
Leicester City and Everton will draw the game.